Types of Webbing and Their Applications
Here at National Webbing, we want to help with all your webbing needs. We work with many different types, and our webbing is used in a multitude of applications. From polyester to nylon webbing and everything in between, there are tons of materials used to create durable webbing. We build strong woven fabric in various strengths, widths, and material compositions. If you're interested in nylon or poly webbing, let us be your first call. From seat belts to military and hiking gear, webbing is the go-to choice.
Basic Types of Webbing
- Tubular Webbing - This is a more flexible webbing than flat webbing, and it's usually thicker than its counterpart.
- Flat Webbing - This type of webbing is also known as solid webbing. We create a flat webbing by solidly weaving fibers.
- Safety Webbing - The durability of webbing allows for civilian safety in many applications. Webbing is used for many things, such as lap belts, shock-absorbing webbing, harnesses, chin and shoulder straps, and binding tapes.
- Military Gear - The military turns to webbing for many of its applications. Items such as parachutes utilize webbing.
- Commercial Webbing - Many industries turn to webbing to create materials for their products. Products, such as pet leashes and backpack straps, use webbing.
- Aerospace - Aerospace industries use high strength specialty webbing for their applications. The specialty webbing appears in many items, such as cargo netting reinforcement, seat belts, parachutes, and flight suits.
No matter what industry you own, we're here to help. We can create custom webbing items for all your needs.