Industrial Applications of Bungee Shock Cords
Shock cord, or bungee cord, is a specialized type of rubber formed or woven into strong elastic strands and jacketed in friction-resistant materials like polypropylene or nylon. It is used casually by campers, people moving heavy furniture between residences, and people preparing for bad weather who want to drape tarps over their vehicles. But these shock cords, so named because they are strong without being vulnerable to shock or tearing, are manufactured for industrial applications, too, usually bought in bulk by the spool in a variety of thicknesses and jacket materials. These are some of the industrial uses of bulk shock cord.
- Many industries use bungee shock cord for suspending heavy objects, including hanging, lowering, and raising things without using expensive and rust-vulnerable metal chains or other, pricier cords.
- Construction projects use elastic shock cord for tree removal and for the removal of other obstacles to constructing homes and businesses.
- The film and theater industries use shock cord to rig set objects, build and move sets, and transport heavy equipment like cameras and lighting equipment between set locations.
- The defense department can tow and recover vehicles as well as extract or save personnel with the use of shock cord.
- Emergency recovery and response teams use this type of cord to save lives and enter dangerous environments, such as hurricane flood zones and fire zones.
- Shock cord is also used to create temporary barriers when suspended horizontally between 2 objects. This can mark off hazardous areas and indicate a fall risk.
- Bungee shock cord is used for towing vehicles, either for parking monitoring purposes or for roadside recovery to clear roads and make them safe for other drivers to navigate.
If you want or need to buy bulk shock cord, you can make use of these high-quality, durable products for many industrial or casual purposes. The above applications are just some of the near-infinite ways that shock cord can be useful. Find an online retailer to compare products in a variety of thicknesses, colors, and materials so that you have the cord you need to get a delicate job done or just have a great outdoor trek. Shock cord is suitable for a variety of needs.