A Guide for Choosing the Best Military Belt Buckles
The military is strict about its use of uniforms, how they are to be worn, and the materials that are to be used at all times, and it makes sense why. Uniforms communicate rank, role, and group identity non-verbally. The military buckle belt is one of the most important pieces of the uniforms because they make outfits comfortable, neat, and secure. In addition, they look professional. If you want to buy military belt buckles, you should apply a similar level of discernment, looking only for great quality and a suitable style, even as a civilian fashion accessory.
Here are a few tips for choosing a military belt buckle that is right for you and will be worth the investment:
- While members of the armed forces are assigned belt and buckle colors, you have a choice among the variety of color options designed for the various branches and ranks within the armed forces. Find neutral colors to match outfits professionally as well as bold, standout color choices.
- You can also choose from a variety of buckle materials. While brass is common in the military, plastic buckles are more weather-resistant and require virtually no upkeep.
- There are also military belt buckles designed in a variety of shapes, including ovals, rectangles, gaudier choices like sword-shaped or vehicle-shaped buckles, and even buckles with engraved lettering.
- Do not worry about the belt looking too militaristic. Fashion has long taken cues from the durable and professional clothing of military personnel, including their belts, boots and jackets. Stars, stripes, or nautical imagery will make a buckle look even more militaristic and bold.
- Military belts with plastic side release buckles are easy to put on and take off, making them convenient options for everyday professional and casual wear.
- You can buy a buckle that is ornamented with beads, crystals, and more. If showy and unique choices are your style, find something that suits your personality, but you may be more reserved and traditional in your style choices, in which case, a simplistic buckle is more appropriate.
There are plenty of online sellers that offer military belt buckles at low prices. Just be sure to find a seller that offers a variety of styles, shapes, and buckle mechanisms for you to choose from.